Do you like to sing? Or know someone that does? The MadHatters are holding auditions for the Fall 2023 semester!
Founded in 1997, the MadHatters are the oldest a cappella group at UW-Madison. We are an all-male, student-managed professional performance group. Here’s a few reasons why you should consider auditioning for us:
● We’re a tight-knit and friendly group of guys with different backgrounds, personalities, and majors!
● We travel regularly and perform paid shows around Wisconsin. This academic year’s performance slate includes shows in Milwaukee, Adams-Friendship, Mineral Point, Ashwaubenon and Portage. We are also planning a group trip to Nashville.
● Unique performing opportunities - Our group has performed at Lambeau Field, the Wisconsin State Capitol and at the White House for President Obama.
● We're a self-run student organization with career-applicable leadership opportunities, including managing finances, operations, production, social media, and music direction. Many of our members have leveraged this leadership experience to land internships and jobs.
● Our group has no semesterly dues or fundraising - we’re entirely self-sufficient off our performance income.
● We choose and arrange all our music and learn over 20+ songs a year. You'll never be bored with our set list!
● A free red jacket!
Auditions will be held Tuesday, January 30th and Wednesday, January 31st from 6-9pm in 2625 Humanities. Prior experience in organized music is preferred, but not required. We are currently in active need of a vocal percussionist.
Come prepared with a 30-60 second excerpt of any song to sing that showcases your voice (preferably not a musical theater piece). There will also be a range check to determine your voice part. While a strong background in organized music (choir, band, etc.) is preferred, we do accept singers with no musical background. Fill out the form below if you're interested in auditioning - we'll get back to you!